Half term is coming, the kids are going wild, please give me ways to entertain my child 🤪
Here at Bundle Beds we’re always looking to make life easier so that you can bundle as much into your day as possible. We’re here to give you some great ideas for entertaining the kids during half term, including the spooky halloween recipe below...
We’re all about keeping cosy over the October half term, so can highly recommend unrolling your Bundle Beds in the living room, popping some popcorn (check out this super cool Monster Slime popcorn!) and putting on an awesome movie to sit back and enjoy – you could even keep it as your sleepover bed and have a sitting room sleepover! Alternatively, get outside, build a den (here’s some top tips from the Den Kit Company) and set up your Bundle Beds as a kids camp bed under the canvas.
We’ve also got some great friends at Craft & Crumb who have some incredible packs to keep the kids busy during the week. With 31st October on the horizon, they are sharing an awesome Halloween themed baking activity which would be perfect for a Halloween tea party!
This year they’re making delicious Vampire cookies simply by sandwiching choc chip cookie halves together with red water icing, adding mini marshmallows for teeth, and white choc button halves to look like fangs. Perfect for sharing with friends or for a half term snack!
This simple recipe makes 10 cookies and is perfect way to keep the kids busy during your half term break.
- 120g butter, softened
- 75g light brown sugar
- 75g golden caster sugar
- 1 medium egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 180g plain flour
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 150g dark chocolate, cut into chunks (or Milk choc if you prefer sweeter cookies)
- red colouring
- 100g icing sugar
- Mini white marshmallows
- White chocolate buttons
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4 and line two baking sheets with parchment.
- Cream the butter and sugars together until light and fluffy, beat in the egg and vanilla.
- Once combined, stir in the flour, bicarb, chocolate and ¼ tsp salt and mix until it’s a dough.
- Scoop 10 large tbsps of the mixture onto your trays, (make sure you leave enough space between each to allow for spreading) Bake for 10-12 mins or until firm at the edges but still soft in the middle – they will harden a little as they cool.
- Leave to cool on the tray or transfer to a wire rack to cool completely
- Mix 1-2 tablespoons of water or milk with your icing sugar then add a few drops of your red colouring and mix well.
- Once the cookies are cold cut them in half and spread red icing on to each side using the back of a spoon.
- Add your mini marshmallows to one half as if they were teeth then pop the other half on top.
- Finish by cutting a white chocolate button in half and inserting 2 halves into the marshmallows at the front to create the fangs.
- Complete Step 3 with all the rest of your cookies and line them up ready for your Halloween table!
Craft & Crumb are offering Bundle Bed customers 10% off their Halloween Kits (and the ultimate cookie kit which can be used for this recipe) exclusively for until 31st October. Just enter code ‘BB10’ at the checkout when placing your order on www.craftandcrumb.com.
For some top tips for keeping warm outside, then take a look at our blog on Keeping Cosy on Chillier Days, or take a look at our fun activities for the kids whether at home or away for some fun inspiration.
Happy Half Term!